Fire: Fire Extinguishers: Ready to Respond
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 40 to 80 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
Online Fire Extinguisher Training
This fire extinguisher training covers all aspects of safely using a fire extinguisher. You will learn the five classes of fires and how to match the right extinguisher to different types of fires. In fire extinguisher training, you will learn how to identify the proper fire class from various sources of material. You will also learn the PASS method for extinguishing a fire. In this fire extinguisher training, you will learn how to inspect an extinguisher and understand the importance of knowing the locations of extinguishers at your location as well as the steps to take if a fire occurs.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Fire extinguisher training is required for all employees.
- How fires burn
- Class A fires
- Class B fires
- Class C fires
- Class D fires
- Class K fires
- Matching fires to extinguishers
- Using Class A fire extinguishers
- Using Class B fire extinguishers
- Using Class C fire extinguishers
- Using Class D fire extinguishers
- Using Class K fire extinguishers
- Extinguisher locations
Handling a Fire
- Steps to handling a fire
Recognize the required elements for fire and the different classes of fire.
- Identify the elements required to create fire.
- Distinguish between classes of fire.
Use the proper fire extinguisher for the specific type of fire.
- Identify the location of the fire extinguisher designation.
- Match the type of fire extinguisher with the class of fire.
- List information stated on a fire extinguisher label.
Use the proper techniques to extinguish a fire.
- Define the P.A.S.S. method.
- Identify the correct extinguishing techniques for each class of fire.
Identify the most common locations of workplace fire extinguishers.
- Identify typical locations of fire extinguishers in the workplace.
- Recognize the importance of memorizing the locations of fire extinguishers at your workplace.
Properly inspect a fire extinguisher.
- Recall that an extinguisher must always be fully charged.
- Identify parts of a fire extinguisher that need regular inspection.
- Choose when an extinguisher must be serviced.
Follow safe and proper procedures to handle a fire.
- Name the first step to take if a fire occurs.
- Recall the need to have an escape route planned if you choose to fight a fire.
- Identify the need to report all fires.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102