- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 80 to 160 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Emergency Film Group
- Original Content Producer
- Emergency Film Group
Anhydrous Ammonia Safety Training
This Anhydrous Ammonia training course teaches your workers about the characteristics and uses of ammonia as well as the hazards associated with this hazardous gas. Your workers will learn proper storage techniques, safe work practices as well as proper emergency response procedures. Anhydrous ammonia, NH3, is commonly used in both industry and agriculture. This gas emits vapors that are suffocating and can lead to serious health problems, even death. This Ammonia Safety Training course outlines an active program of safety and inspection to prevent accidents in the workplace. It features exciting footage, instructive animations, and valuable information about the illegal use of anhydrous ammonia in clandestine drug labs.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For all workers who work around Anhydrous Ammonia, and emergency response workers who may be involved in an incident involving Anhydrous Ammonia.
Characteristics & Uses
- Effects of heat
- Principal uses
- Illicit use
- Reactivity hazard
- Health hazard
- Flammability hazard
- Confined space hazards/case study
- Safety equipment for workers
- Federal regulations
- Safe transfer & transport
- Recognizing tanks
- Responder safety
- Fire situations
- Managing victims
Describe the physical characteristics and usefulness of anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe the effects of ammonia vapors.
- Explain what happens to liquid ammonia when it is heated.
- List ways that ammonia is used in industry.
- Describe how anhydrous ammonia is used illegally.
Avoid injury by anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe the reactivity hazard of anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe what happens when NH3 contacts human tissue.
- Describe the flammability hazard associated with NH3.
- Explain why confined spaces may exacerbate the hazards of NH3.
Take proper safety precautions when working with anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe how to properly store anhydrous ammonia.
- Recall the necessary safety equipment for using anhydrous ammonia.
- List the federal requirements that apply to anhydrous ammonia.
- Explain safety procedures for transferring and transporting NH3.
Respond safely to incidents involving anhydrous ammonia.
- Describe how to recognize tanks used to store or transport NH3.
- Explain safety measures to protect personnel entering the hot zone.
- Describe some basic mitigation activities for NH3 leaks.
- Explain the priorities in fire incidents involving NH3.
- Describe how to help victims at an anhydrous ammonia incident scene.