Fire: Fire Extinguisher Training for Employees
- Course Format
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 26 to 52 minutes
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Closed Captioning
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Product ID
- Interactive Producer
- ERI Safety Videos
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
We all should be taking proper precautions to prevent fires, but we need to be trained in what to do if a fire does occur. While most of us are familiar with fire extinguishers, knowing how to properly use one requires training. In fact, the U.S. Fire Administration recommends only using an extinguisher if you have had the proper training.
This online training course describes the classes of fires and how fire extinguishers are rated. Workers will learn about when to use a fire extinguisher and how to use one. The importance of proper maintenance and storage is stressed, as an empty extinguisher or one that is difficult to locate will be useless during an emergency.
Fires can be costly, and stopping them before they spread is critical. Knowing how to properly select and operate a fire extinguisher can help you save property and lives.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- 3 Things a Fire Needs to Burn
Classes of Fires
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Class D
- Class K
- Multi Purpose Extinguishers
Incipient Stage Fires
- Incipient stage fires
- Pulling the alarm
The PASS Method
- PASS system
- Fire reignition
- Inspections and service
- Be familiar with the 3 things a fire needs to burn.
- Know the different classes of fires.
- Be familiar with multi-purpose extinguishers.
- Be familiar with insipient stage fires.
- Know how to use fire extinguishers.
- Be familiar with extinguisher inspections and requirements.