Hydrogen Sulfide Employee Training
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 21 to 30 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Hydrogen sulfide, or H2S, is a deadly substance, and exposures can occur at many different workplaces. Understanding and controlling the hazards hydrogen sulfide presents can be a matter of life and death; it is vital you know the risks and how to reduce the likelihood of being harmed. Combine the information in this Video On Demand with the safety information in your company's hydrogen sulfide contingency plan to help keep yourself safe from hydrogen sulfide exposures.
Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic colorless gas which is heavier than air. Because it is heavier than air, it will settle into low lying areas, creating a hazard which can be quite dangerous if left undetected. At low concentrations, hydrogen sulfide gas has a smell resembling rotten eggs, while at higher concentrations the odor turns very sweet. However, you can never depend on detecting hydrogen sulfide via an odor. Ultimately, hydrogen sulfide exposure can cause death if exposure is severe. This online training video also presents the health effects of lower exposure levels. Additionally, you will learn how to protect yourself from hydrogen sulfide, how to recover from exposure, as well as the different concentration levels at which you may be at risk.
Understanding the material presented here gives you the information needed to understand what H2S is, how you may encounter it, how to protect yourself from it, and what to do should you or a coworker be exposed to it. Follow these work practices and create a more aware, and safer, workplace.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For all workers in the oilfield, pipeline, and petrochemical industry.
- Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Health Hazards
- The Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- The Threshold Limit Value (TLV)
- The Short-term Exposure Limit (STEL)
- Exposure Control Plan and Engineering Controls
- Respiratory Protection
- Chemical Cartridge Respirators
- SCBA Air Supply Levels
- Confined Space Entry
- Warning Devices and Monitoring
- Other H2S Safety Tips