All-Terrain Vehicles: Safe Operation and Use of ATVs
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 29 to 58 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- ERI Safety Videos
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
This training course teaches safe operating practices to follow when using All-Terrain Vehicles in the workplace. All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), also known as "four-wheelers", are increasingly used for industrial purposes because of their mobility and adaptability within many work environments.
It is important to understand and practice safe ATV operating skills, since serious injury or death may result from improper use. Course instruction covers pre-riding inspections, basic operations, and skills specific to the industrial use of ATVs.
Through this course, learners achieve understanding of crucial skills necessary for safely using ATVs in your facility.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Anyone using All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) within an industrial work setting.
Before You Ride
- Pre-operational requirements of ATV riders
- Conducting a pre-ride inspection
- Protective Gear
Safe Driving Techniques
- Turning the vehicle safely
- Slowing down and stopping
- Preventing Incidents and Injuries
- Challenging Terrain
- Hauling Tools and Supplies
Ensure your ATV is in operating condition before use.
- Conduct a pre-ride inspection before each day's use.
- Agree to be familiar with operating functions and handling characteristics.
Wear the proper protective gear during ATV operation.
- Recognize the helmet as the most important piece of PPE.
- Determine what eye protection is considered adequate.
- Be aware of other forms of PPE necessary other than a helmet.
Use safe driving techniques to keep yourself, pedestrians, and other safe.
- Recognize the dangers of putting your feet down while riding.
- Understand safe following distances.
- Learning to use hand signals to notify others of your intentions.
Understand precautions to take in order to avoid incidents and injuries.
- Recognize the dangers of carrying passengers.
- Identify acceptable paths of travel.
- Agree to maintain contact with other personnel in case of an emergency.
- Identify the need to Keep your vehicle equipped with suitable supplies.
Operate an ATV safely on challenging terrain.
- Identify the proper actions to take when approaching an incline.
- Recognize necessary steps to take if your ATV begins to roll backwards on an incline.
- Agree to cross slopes laterally to increase your risk of a tip-over.
Safely haul tools and supplies on your ATV.
- Recognize the stability issues when loading your ATV with supplies.
- Understand the importance of a balanced load.
- Identify the importance of obeying the manufacturer's load limits.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102