Electrostatic Discharge Control Training Program
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 78 minutes
- Video Format
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Outbound Train
- Original Content Producer
- Outbound Train
Online training for ESD
In this ESD training course you will learn the importance of ESD prevention. You will learn about electrostatic discharge, how to identify proper insulators and conductors, define static materials, identify how much static is necessary to damage equipment, and understand the costs of ESD damage. In the ESD training you will learn precautions to use in non-protected ESD areas and how to properly use and wear a wrist strap. This ESD training course also covers many other topics associated with proper ESD control techniques and is required for ISO certification.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Workers who work around electronic components.
- ESD Awareness
- Handling and Packaging
- Protected Areas
- Field Service
Understand ESD and the importance of ESD prevention.
- Describe static.
- Describe electrostatic discharge.
- Describe how electrostatic discharge occurs.
- Identify proper ESD procedures.
- Identify the causes of ESD.
- Identify insulators and conductors at your workstation.
- Define static materials.
- Identify how much static can damage a component.
- Describe catastrophic and latent failure.
- Discuss the costs of ESD damage.
Use proper ESD protective procedures in your work day.
- Identify precautions that should be taken in non-protected ESD areas.
- Understand the importance of grounding.
- Describe resistive and common point ground.
- Describe how to properly use and wear a wrist strap.
- State how often you should test a wrist strap.
- Describe how to test a wrist strap.
- Identify proper ESD protective packaging.
- State proper procedures for transporting electronic components.
Properly enter ESD protected areas.
- Recognize ESD protected areas.
- Describe ESD protective measures in ESD protected areas.
- Identify ESD garments and describe how to properly wear them.
- Describe ESD control measures used in these areas.
- Describe how to use toe, shoe or heel grounders.
- Describe how to test heel grounders.
- State that an ESD protected area is controlled.
Use proper ESD control techniques in the field.
- Use proper ESD control techniques when handling sensitive components.
- Remove static generating items from you work area.
- Describe the proper use of a dissipative mat.
- Describe how to ground yourself if an ESD field kit is not available.
- State how grounding is achieved.
- State the use of a disposable wrist strap.