- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 29 to 58 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
Accident Investigation Training
Accident Investigation Training will teach your workers how to properly and effectively investigate accidents. After completion of this course, your workers will be able to determine the cause of an accident, what corrective actions to take to prevent future accidents, as well as how to properly document an investigation. In Accident Investigation Training, video scenarios are used to demonstrate proper investigation techniques.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Applies to workers involved in the investigatation of accidents in the workplace.
- Secure the area
- Organize your approach
- Gather facts
- Collect evidence
- Interview witnesses
- Review records
- Review facts
- Ask 'Why' questions
- Corrective action
- Short term solutions
- Long term solutions
- Accident reporting
- The follow up procedure
Properly and effectively investigate accidents.
- Identify the first priority in any accident investigation.
- List immediate steps to take to secure the accident area.
- Determine steps to include in the initial investigation.
- Describe good witness interviewing techniques.
- Acknowledge that the intent of the investigation process is to identify causes of accidents and develop corrective actions to avoid future occurrences.
- List tasks involved in investigating workplace accidents.
Determine the cause of an accident.
- Agree to include environmental factors as a possible contributing factor.
- Choose an example of a contributing factor to an accident.
- Recall mapping events as an effective way to determine the cause of an accident.
- Use why questions to analyze facts to discover contributing factors and the cause or causes of an accident.
Take corrective action to prevent future accidents.
- Recommend a typical corrective action for an accident whose primary cause was people-related.
- Recommend a typical corrective action for an accident whose primary cause was equipment or material-related.
Properly document all areas of an investigation.
- Explain the benefits of documentation.
- From a list, select required forms to complete.
Follow up on corrective measures.
- Identify the steps of a thorough investigation.
- Explain the importance of follow-up.
- Agree that follow-up helps ensure the most appropriate measures are taken.
- List investigation procedures from gathering facts to follow-up.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102