Back to Course List
Confined Space: Confined Space Awareness
- Course Format
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 26 to 52 minutes
- Browsers Supported
- Required Plugins
- Closed Captioning
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Product ID
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
No browser plug-in required to play this version.
Prepares the learner to work safely in a facility or area which houses Permit Required Spaces.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Training for all persons who work in an area containing permit required confined spaces.
The course presents the following topical areas:
What is A Confined Space
- Defining a confined space
- Asphyxiating atmospheres
- Toxic atmospheres
- Flammable or explosive atmospheres
- Mechanical hazards
- Physical hazards
- Understanding the rescue process
- Non-entry rescue
- Entry by others
- Entry by trained company employees
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course you will be better prepared to:
Recognize confined space hazards.
- Identify types of hazards in confined spaces.
- Choose reasons why oxygen could be depleted.
- Recognize flammable and explosive atmospheres as confined space hazards.
- Choose examples of engulfment hazards.
- Identify an example of a mechanical hazard in a confined space.
- Identify falls and excessive noise as confined space hazards.
- Define a confined space.
Follow proper confined space rescue techniques.
- Recall that 60% of confined space deaths involve people trying to rescue other injured people.
- List the three types of confined space rescues.
- Agree that if a non-entry rescue is not possible, trained people must perform the rescue.
- List the requirements of an on-site rescue team.