Falls: Construction Fall Protection
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 46 to 92 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
Online Construction Fall Protection Training
This training teaches the importance of using the correct fall protection, providing a detailed illustration of the various types of fall protection and how to properly use them to avoid a deadly fall.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Any construction worker whose job may be six feet or more above the ground at any time.
- Recognizing hazards
- The six foot rule
Fall Protection Systems
- Types of fall protection systems
- Warning Lines
- Safety Monitors
Personal Fall Protection
- The Body Harness
- The Body Belt/Safety Belt
- Anchorage point
- Swing falls
- Locking snaphooks
- Protection from falling objects
Recognize fall hazards.
- List various fall hazards.
- Recall the need for fall protection whenever working six feet or more from a surface below.
Use fall protection systems.
- Recognize various forms of fall protection.
- Describe the purpose of a guardrail.
- List the elements of a guardrail.
- Explain warning lines.
- Recall that covers need to be strong enough to support twice the weight of equipment and personnel.
Use Personal Fall Arrest Systems.
- Explain how the body harness works
- Recall that belts are no longer available as fall protection.
- Agree that shock absorbing lanyard is safest.
- List unsafe anchorage points.
- Explain the clearance distance needed when using shock absorbing lanyard.
- Choose the best way to avoid a swing fall.
- Explain why locking snaphooks are safest.
Protect workers from falling objects.
- Choose procedures to help protect workers from falling objects.