Driving: Defensive Driving: Passenger Vehicles
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 78 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management Inc (CLMI)
Safe Driving Training - Online
In this online driver safety training course you will learn the factors that cause accidents. You will learn how to properly conduct a pre-trip inspection and techniques to use to improve your awareness while driving. This driver safety training course will show you defensive driving techniques such as keeping a cushion, proper response to tailgaters and how to safely approach intersections. This online driver safety training course qualifies for continuing education units.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
This driver safety training course is applicable to all drivers.
- Main causes of crashes
- Vehicle inspection
- Safety procedures
- Stay focused
- Be aware
- Look ahead
Defensive Driving Techniques
- Back off
- Expect mistakes
- Be noticed
Avoid factors that cause crashes.
- List the factors that can cause crashes.
- Choose reasons most crashes occur.
Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection.
- List items to check during an inspection.
- Explain reasons to secure or remove loose items inside the vehicle.
- Choose procedures to follow before driving.
Stay attentive when driving.
- List driving distractions.
- Describe techniques that improve driver awareness.
Follow other vehicles safely.
- Choose proper following distance.
- Explain what to do if the vehicle ahead of yours stops suddenly.
Use driving techniques to keep you and others safe.
- Define the cushion of safety.
- Explain how to determine following distance.
- Identify proper response to tailgaters.
- Describe techniques to use when driving through an intersection.