Forklift: Forklift Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 44 to 88 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
Online Forklift Safety Training
Forklift Safety Training uses high-quality video to thoroughly teach new forklift operators all aspects of operating a forklift. Forklift Safety Training also uses dramatizations and animation to illustrate proper inspection, stability, how to handle a load, load capacity, driving procedures and other difficult concepts. After completing this course, you will earn a certificate. This course is qualified for continuing education units. You can take this course from our site or, if you have a learning management system, you can install it on your own LMS.
OSHA REGULATION: OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
For all forklift operators.
- How a forklift works
- Rated capacity
- The stability triangle
- Testing the load
- Before start up: basic parts
- Before start up: battery operated trucks
- Before start up: LP trucks
- Before start up: fuel tanks
- After start up
- Inspection forms
- Picking up a load
- Traveling: fork positioning
- Traveling: poor visibility
- Traveling: driving on inclines
- Traveling: turning
- Traveling: traffic rules
- Traveling: stopping
- Traveling: parking
- Putting down a load: basic procedures
- Putting down a load: stacking procedures
Maintain forklift stability.
- Define Rated Capacity.
- Identify the three factors influencing the ability of a forklift.
- Locate the rated capacity on a forklift.
- Assess the stability of a forklift by applying the stability triangle concept.
- Judge forklift ability to handle various loads at differing load centers.
Perform required forklift inspections.
- Recall forklift parts requiring inspection.
- Locate places to check for leaking fluids.
- Identify equipment start-up inspection procedures.
- Explain the use of inspection forms.
Follow safe forklift operating procedures.
- Choose steps to properly pick up a load.
- Explain the need to tilt the mast back to stabilize the load.
- Agree to never raise the load while moving.
- Choose the correct fork position while traveling.
- Identify proper driving procedures.
- Describe proper stacking procedures when putting down a load.
- Identify dangers of high stacking.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102