HazCom: Hazard Communication: KHAZ Talk Radio
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 56 to 112 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
No browser plug-in required to play this version.
This training uses a lively talk radio show format to bring life and entertainment to this important topic. Learners become part of the show as they call in and get answers to their Hazard Communication questions. The training prepares the learner to access hazard information from labels and MSDSs, how to work safely with chemicals, how to categorize chemicals and the hazards and controls associated with each category.
Training for all workers.
- Container labels
- Specific label warnings
- Label colors and numbers
- An unlabeled container
- MSDS Basics
- ANSI MSDS: Section 1
- ANSI MSDS: Section 2
- ANSI MSDS: Section 3
- ANSI MSDS: Section 4
- ANSI MSDS: Section 5
- ANSI MSDS: Section 6
- ANSI MSDS: Section 7
- ANSI MSDS: Section 8
- ANSI MSDS: Section 9
- ANSI MSDS: Section 10
- ANSI MSDS: Section 11
- ANSI MSDS: Section 12
- ANSI MSDS: Section 13
- ANSI MSDS: Section 14
- ANSI MSDS: Section 15
- ANSI MSDS: Section 16
- Flammable materials
- Corrosive materials
- Toxic materials
- Reactive materials
- Acute and chronic effects
- Routes of entry
- Safe Work Practices
Safe Use and Storage
- Emergency procedure documents
Use chemical labels to keep you safe.
- List parts of a chemical label.
- Name 3 words to look for on a label that will alert you of a hazard.
- Differentiate the hazard meanings associated with colors on a label.
- Choose the proper meaning of symbols on a label.
Label all chemical containers.
- Explain what to do if a container is not labeled.
Properly utilize Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Identify information contained in an MSDS.
- Locate answers to questions regarding a chemical on an MSDS.
Identify hazards by category.
- List the four hazard categories [referenced in this course].
- Identify types of substances a category can include.
- Differentiate hazard categories by chemical characteristics.
Protect yourself from chemicals' health hazards.
- Differentiate between acute and chronic health problems.
- Recognize ways a chemical can enter the body.
- Choose ways to eliminate chemicals getting into your body.
- Identify ways to protect your skin and body.
Safely use hazardous materials.
- Choose proper procedures to use when working with flammable materials.
- Choose proper procedures to use when working with corrosive materials.
- Choose proper procedures to use when working with reactive materials.
Properly store hazardous materials.
- Agree to always store flammable materials in specially designated storage areas.
- Select the proper storage procedures for corrosive materials.
- Recall the best way to store reactive materials.
Follow proper emergency procedures in your workplace.
- Describe the first step to take when a spill occurs
- Recall that companies have documented procedures for handling hazardous materials emergencies.