Overhead: Overhead Crane Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 56 to 112 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management Inc (CLMI)
Online Overhead Crane Training
Overhead Crane Training uses broadcast quality video to teach workers how to safely operate overhead cranes. This course discusses bridge cranes, monorail cranes and jib hoists. In overhead crane training, your workers will learn about rated capacity and how to perform an inspection. They will also learn how to correctly use the control pendant, how to safely rig a load, how to use a sling, plate clamp and other lifting devices. "Overhead Crane Training" qualifies for continuing education units.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Overhead crane training is required for anyone working in a facility or area which uses overhead cranes.
Understanding Overhead Cranes
- Bridge Cranes
- Monorail Cranes
- Jib Hoists
Overhead Crane Inspection
- When to perform an inspection
- The Inspection Checklist
Overhead Crane Operation
- Operation considerations
- Rated Capacity
- Stopping with a load
- Using the Control Pendant
- Safely rigging the load
- Additional lifting devices
- Plate Clamps
- Engineering devices
- Determining load limit
- Determining the load's center of gravity
Recognize different types of overhead cranes and how they work.
- Identify various types of overhead cranes based on their features and characteristics.
- Identify the major parts of an overhead crane.
- Recognize how different types of overhead crane move.
Properly inspect overhead cranes.
- Recall when overhead cranes must be inspected.
- Identify the parts of an overhead crane that must be inspected.
- Identify possible problems to look for during inspections.
- Identify procedures to follow if damage is found during an inspection.
Safely operate an overhead crane.
- Identify possible hazards when operating an overhead crane.
- Recall where to find the rated capacity of a crane.
- Recognize how to measure load weight.
- Recognize ways to ensure a safe load before lifting.
- Never leave a suspended load unattended.
- Identify factors that affect how far a crane might travel after the control button has been released.
- Recognize how the buttons work on a control pendant.
- Identify the correct procedures for operating overhead cranes.
Use proper devices and procedures when rigging loads.
- Define rigging.
- Identify common types of rigging.
- Describe rigging inspection.
- Identify safety precautions when rigging a load.
- Identify the preferred sling angle when lifting.
- Identify how to determine load center of gravity.