Powered Pallet Jack Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 24 to 48 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management, Inc. (CLMI)
Pallet Jack Safety Training Online
This pallet jack safety course fully covers the safety aspects of operating a powered pallet jack. It covers equipment identification, pre-use inspections, and safe operations. In this pallet jack safety course, workers will learn about stability, how to pickup, travel and place a load.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
Pallet jack safety is required for all operators of pallet jacks.
- Walkie versus walkie rider
- Common differences
- Manufacturer's operating instructions
- What to inspect
- When you find something wrong
- The drive wheel
- Steering handle
- Picking up the load
- Traveling with a load
- Placing a load
Perform a proper pre-use inspection.
- Recognize common differences of the two types of pallet jacks.
- Identify parts requiring functional test.
- Cite the need to fix or replace a damaged or improperly functioning jack before using.
- Identify what must be documented.
- Name benefits of reading manufacturer's operating instructions.
Control a pallet jack safely.
- Identify functions of the rear wheel.
- Locate the forward and reverse controls.
- Recognize slowing and stopping methods of the pallet jack.
- Identify how to plug.
Handle loads safely.
- Recognize correct pick-up procedures.
- Identify load moving procedures.
- List general moving pre-cautions.
- Name correct unloading procedures.
- Cite need to keep load as low as possible at all times.