Building: RCA: Carpentry II
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 110 to 220 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Convenience Learning International
- Original Content Producer
- Cengage Learning
The second training of a two part series continues covering construction content by focusing on window and door installation, interior partition framing, interior trim, and how to construct stairs. "Carpenter’s Tips," and "Safety Tips" provide practical advice from the experts.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
This training is intended for anyone working as a carpenter or considering work as a carpenter.
- Window and Door Installation
- Interior Partition Framing
- Interior Trim
- Stair Construction
Properly install windows and doors.
- Associate home comfort and security with properly installed windows and doors.
- Recognize the components of windows and doors.
- Define stiles.
- Explain how a mullion bar works.
- Identify a rough opening.
- Define bucks.
- Differentiate types of swing doors.
- Recognize the components of a properly placed door.
- Select the proper use of tapered slims.
- Define flashing.
Properly construct interior walls.
- Define an interior wall.
- Recall the meaning of a reference line.
- Identify the order used to erect partitions.
- Select a good stud length for an interior non-load bearing partition for an 8 foot ceiling.
- Formulate the number of studs needed when installing a wall.
- Explain the use of a door schedule.
- Define a king stud.
- Describe proper stud placement when nailing partitions.
- Recognize acceptable ways to fasten sole plates to concrete floors.
- Name the top and bottom plates of metal stud partitions.
Install interior trim.
- Differentiate carpenter and contractor responsibilities.
- Identify different types of moldings.
- Explain miter saw uses.
- Define a compound miter cut.
- Choose the components of an apron.
- Apply base moldings to the interior walls.
- Describe the stool on a window.
- Select the proper saw to use when cutting molding for an outside corner.
Properly construct stairs.
- Describe the heel of a framing square.
- Identify the components that make up a stair and handrail assembly.
- Agree to check the local building department for codes prior to building stairs.
- Define nosing.
- Choose the recommended step height.