Aerial Work Platforms
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 31 to 62 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Aerial Lift Training Online
This Aerial Lift Training course introduces the learner to pre-operational inspections. Aerial Lift Training also covers safety procedures for raising and lowering platforms, safe driving procedures and parking procedures. Learners will become familiar with all aspects of Aerial Lift Safety and how to safely operate many types of Aerial Work Platforms. This online osha training course qualifies for continuing education units.
OSHA REGULATION:OSHA 29 CFR 1910.67
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Training for anyone operating or planning to operate aerial work platforms.
- Daily inspection
- Preparing to operate
Fueling and Battery Charging
- Battery charging
Entering the Lift
- Getting on the platform
- Fall protection
Starting and Operating the Lift
- The recheck
- In case of malfunction
Driving the Lift
- Driving on ramps
- Driving while elevated
Raising and Lowering the Platform
- Procedures to raise and lower the platform
Parking and Dismounting
- Proper parking procedures
- Getting off the lift
- Personal Responsibility
Inspect equipment prior to beginning work.
- Recall the frequency of equipment inspections.
- Identify items to look for during an inspection.
- Recognize proper inspection procedures.
Inspect the work area prior to beginning work.
- List items to inspect around the lift.
- State the safe distance required from high-voltage power lines.
Safely fuel the lift.
- Choose the proper platform placement when fueling a lift.
Properly charge a lift's battery.
- Locate where a battery should be charged.
Properly and safely enter the lift.
- Recognize proper entry procedure onto the platform.
- Agree that a fall protection device with a lanyard must be worn and attached to the platform lanyard by anyone on the platform.
- Recall that purpose of fall protection.
Use proper procedure when starting a lift.
- Select items to check after starting the lift.
- Explain the procedure to follow if a lift's control is not working properly.
Safely drive a lift.
- Describe proper procedure to follow when encountering a ramp.
- Select procedures to follow when driving with the lift elevated.
Properly raise and lower a lift's platform.
- Describe the surface needed to elevate a platform.
- Select proper steps to take if a platform or elevated assembly of a boom lift gets caught on another object.
- Agree that it is never safe to use a work platform as a crane.
Properly park the lift.
- Describe proper parking procedures for a lift.
Safely dismount a lift.
- Choose safe procedures to follow when dismounting a lift.
Operate Aerial Lift Platforms responsibly.
- Explain personal responsibilities when operating lifts.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102