Hexavalent Chromium Employee Training
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 48 to 96 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Online Hexavalent Chromium Training
This Hexavalent Chromium training course will teach your workers how to work safely in areas where they may be exposed to this hazardous compound. In this Hexavalent Chromium training course your workers will learn about medical surveillance and the effects of exposure. Your workers will learn about engineering controls, personal protective equipment and work practice controls to protect themselves from injury. They will also learn what to do if an exposure occurs.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Anyone working around or with Hexavalent Chromium.
Characteristics and Properties
Effects of Exposures
- Understanding the effects of exposure
- Primary route of entry
- Skin contact
- Eye contact
- Defining Medical Surveillance
- When medical exams are needed
- Undergoing the medical exam
- The written report
Engineering and Work Practice Controls
- Engineering controls
- Exposure assessment
- Establishing regulated areas
- Proper Housekeeping
Protective Equipment and Clothing
- The Respiratory Protection Program
- Protective clothing
Responding to Exposures
- If an exposure occurs
Be familiar with the characteristics and uses of Hexavalent Chromium.
- List items containing Hexavalent Chromium.
- Recall that 48% of all workers affected by Hexavalent Chromium are welders.
Avoid exposure to Hexavalent Chromium.
- Choose the primary route of entry for Hexavalent Chromium.
- Select effects of prolonged exposure.
- List the harmful effects of skin contact.
- Identify the type of damage eye contact can create.
- Explain how someone could ingest Hexavalent Chromium.
- Identify symptoms of ingestion.
Utilize the medical surveillance program.
- Define 'medical surveillance'.
- Explain when medical surveillance is necessary.
- List parts of the medical exam.
- Identify contents of the medical exam that is exposed to your employer.
Follow safe work practices when working with Hexavalent Chromium.
- State the permissible exposure limit for Hexavalent Chromium in micrograms per cubic meter.
- Identify engineering controls.
- Recognize when to use a respirator.
- Identify recommended ways to clean up surfaces contaminated with Chromium 6.
Wear the proper personal protective equipment as needed.
- Choose the proper means to find the correct respirator protection.
- Select the medical and fit testing requirements of the respiratory protection program.
Wear the proper personal protective clothing as needed.
- Agree to never blow any Hexavalent Chromium particles off with compressed air.
- Recall the need to wash after removing protective clothing.
Properly respond to exposures.
- List proper response to skin contact.
- Explain the proper response to an eye exposure.