Aerial Work Platforms: Safe Operation of Scissor and Boom Lifts
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 36 to 72 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- ERI Safety
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
This training identifies the safe operating procedures for scissor lifts and boom lifts. These elevated work platforms allow workers to safely perform various tasks and maintenance operations at heights that could not be reached by ladder.
Various lift styles are designed for different applications and site conditions, but they all have one thing in common: the potential for serious injury or death when operated unsafely. Injuries can include electrocution, falls, crushed body parts, and tip-overs.
This course details procedures that prevent these types of incidents. Topics include the stability factors, preventing a tip-over, the inspection process, safe operating procedures, and using the proper PPE and fall protection.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone working with or around scissor and/or boom lift elevated work platforms.
- Training and Authorization
- Weight capacity
Safety Tips to Prevent a Tip-Over
- Slopes and surface conditions
- Inspecting the travel path & work area
- Other tips for maintaining stability
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Testing Control Functions
Safe Operating Practices
- Mounting a vehicle
- Safe driving procedures
- Overhead obstacles and power lines
PPE and Fall Protection
- Use of harnesses and lanyards
- Avoiding falls from platforms
- Be familiar with training and authorization procedures.
- Know factors that affect stability of scissor and boom lifts.
- Prevent tip-overs.
- Follow the pre-operational inspection procedures.
- Utilize the testing control functions.
- Practice safe operating procedures.
- Utilize PPE and fall prevention strategies.