Maritime: HAZCOM for Tank Barge Operations
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 52 to 104 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Moxie Media, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Moxie Media Inc.
This Hazardous Communication training, developed specifically for the tank barge audience, identifies the engineering, administrative, and Personal Protective controls necessary for safe tank barge operations. Learners are given the information needed to understand the barge hazcom program and the hazards associated with certain cargoes. Information about cargo includes regulations, transfer controls, and what kinds of cargo is considered hazardous. Content also contains equipment and engineering controls, as well as the hazcom program responsibilities.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
All personnel dealing with chemical and gas tank barge operations. This includes towboat crewmembers, facility operators and tankerman, barge maintenance personnel, emergency responders, USCG, and inspectors.
Understanding Barge Hazcom
- The intent of the program
- Your company's responsibility
Physical and Health Hazards
- Physical hazards
- Health hazards
- Routes of entry
- Avoiding health hazards
- Knowing the risks
USCG Regulated Cargoes
- 46 CFR Subchapter D
- Transporting Subchapter D cargo
Cargo Information Resources
- Hazardous cargo documents
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Required signage
Tank Barge Equipment and Engineering Controls
- Securing cargo tank valves
- Securing cargo tank hatches
- Securing tank top openings/vent stacks
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Declaration of Inspection (DOI)
Hazardous Tank Barge Cargoes
- Hydrogen Sulfide H2S
- Heated cargoes
- Additional chemicals
- Understand the reason for a Hazard Communication program.
- Recognize physical and health hazards on the job.
- Use proper handling procedures for USCG regulated cargoes.
- Use proper sources to locate hazardous cargo information.
- Properly operate, maintain, and inspect engineering controls.
- Wear the proper PPE when transferring cargo.
- Properly complete the Declaration of Inspection.
- Follow proper procedure when handling Benzene.
- Follow proper procedure when handling Hydrogen Sulfide H2S.
- Follow proper procedures for heated cargo.
- Follow proper procedures for additional chemicals.
- Understand the importance of the Hazard Communication Program.
Mastery awards 0.2 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102