Security: TWIC MTSA Training
- Course Format
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 30 to 60 minutes
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Closed Captioning
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Product ID
- Interactive Producer
- Moxie Media, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Moxie Media Inc.
The Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) - Compliance Training Program is been designed to fulfill the United States Coast Guard's MTSA Security Regulation Amendments and Requirements regarding TWIC Implementation and training as found in 33 CFR. TWIC is a federal program designed to enhance the security of ports, port facilities, and vessels.
Vessel owners, operators, and employees will learn of the various new training requirements outlined in 33 CFR to ensure TWIC programs are in place and implemented appropriately. Training will discuss new terms necessitated by the TWIC program such as ’secure areas,’ ’passenger access areas,’ ’employee access areas,’ and ’restricted areas.’ Topics also include which employees should receive a TWIC, biometrics that will be integrated into the credential, security threat assessments that are the keystone of the program, responsibilities of the owner, operator, and employee, responsibilities of the maritime worker, and revisions to the Maritime Transportation Security Act.
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Maritime employers and employees working at Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) regulated facilities or vessels.
Familiarizing Yourself With The TWIC Program And Terminology
- Persons required to carry a TWIC
- TWIC card
Responsibilities of the Owner / Operator of a Vessel or Facility
- Allowed unescorted access
- Responsibility of security personnel
Define TWIC terminology.
- Indentify all groups required to carry a TWIC.
- List all of the elements contained in a TWIC.
Recognize the responsibilities of vessel or facility employees.
- Recall which employees require a TWIC.
- Describe the responsibilities of security personnel.