Electricity: Electrical Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 39 to 78 minutes
- English,Spanish,French (Canadian)
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Samax Productions
Electricity is all around us. It lights up our homes, powers much of the machinery and equipment that we use, and runs many of our tools. We are so used to it, most employees take it for granted. Yet electricity can also be dangerous. Employees need to know how electricity works, and what they should do to protect themselves from its hazards. ’Electrical Safety’ provides the information employees need to work safely around electricity. The Course also satisfies the OSHA training requirements under 29 CFR Part 1910.331 for ’non-qualified’ employees.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Training for all persons who work with machinery and equipment either on or off the job.
How Electricity Works
- Electrical circuit
- Fuses and Circuit Breakers
- Grounding and GFCIs
- Safe Work Practices
Working With Electrical Equipment
- Lockout Tagout procedures
- Proper lighting
- Remove conductive articles
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Personal Protective Equipment
Dangerous Work Environments Dangerous Work Environments
- Working in confined spaces
- Working in confined spaces
- Working around overhead power lines
- Working in wet environments
- Working around flammables
- First aid
- Electrical fires
Describe how electricity works.
- Distinguish between volts and amps.
- Describe how the flow of electricity works.
Describe the function of circuit breakers and fuses.
- Describe the function of a fuse.
- Describe the function of a circuit breaker.
- State how fuses and circuit breakers are rated.
Describe function of ground wires and GFCIs.
- Define GFCI.
- Define ground wire.
- Describe the function of a ground wire.
- Define a grounded outlet.
Use safe work practices when working with electricity.
- State the dangers most commonly associated with electricity.
- Identify unsafe work practices that should be avoided.
- Describe the functino of double-insulated tools.
Work safely with electrical equipment.
- State the purpose of Lockout or Tagout procedures.
- Describe safe work practices when working with electrical equipment.
Recognize dangerous work environments and take appropriate precautions.
- Identify work environments that can be dangerous to you and others.
- Describe precautions you can take to protect yourself and others when working in a dangerous work environment.
Describe what to do in an electrical emergency.
- List proper steps to take during an emergency.
- Identify proper fire extinguisher to use during an electrical fire.
- Describe how to treat an electrical burn.
Mastery awards 0.1 CEUs to participants who successfully complete this program.Mastery Technologies, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by: The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) IACET - 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500
McLean, VA 22102