Welding: Welding Safety
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 36 to 54 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Multi-Media Access, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Samax Productions
Welding Safety Training
This training covers information about making welding less dangerous by following proper safety procedures and guidelines.
Forty interactions actively involve the learner in the training. Lesson interactions provide the learner opportunities to apply what he or she has learned. The computer assesses the learner’s level of understanding of all learning objectives. All questions in this training are fully narrated. Narrations enhance comprehension and are welcome support for learners with reading skill deficits and when English is the learner’s second language. When the learner answers a question incorrectly the computer provides remedial instruction and reviews the material until the learner can answer correctly. Mastery’s exclusive Follow-up Review, standard in all Mastery Advantage courses, provides time-delayed reinforcement and review of the learner’s newly acquired knowledge. The Follow-up Review enhances the transfer of newly acquired knowledge to the learner’s long-term memory.
The Learner navigates through the training and its resources using the standard Mastery Control Bar. Course resources include a fully narrated glossary of terms. Each term is pronounced and its definition read aloud to the learner. A topical index provides a complete map to the instructional material. The learner can ask for all training information on any topic at any time during the lesson presentations. The learner can use the topical index as a reference source even after completing the training. Closed Captioning is included. A complete transcript of all audio and video files is also provided with this training. Use the transcript file in conjunction with MODIFY to simplify customizations.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Training for all workers who are involved in the welding process.
- General Welding Safety Requirements
- Preparations For Safe Welding Operations
- Healthy Breathing Zones
- Effects of Exposure To Contaminated Air
- Personal Protection Equipment - General Introduction
- Personal Protection Equipment - Hearing, Hands, Clothing
- Arc Welding and Oxy-Fuel Welding
- Protecting Others While Welding
Identify the common hazards of welding and take appropriate precautions.
- Identify hazards common to most forms of welding
- Identify specific procedures to avoid the hazards of welding.
Use appropriate actions to maintain a healthy breathing zone.
- Recognize that welding can release toxic fumes.
- Identify conditions that may negatively affect a healthy breathing zone.
- Identify conditions that require mechanical ventilation.
- Identify the health hazards of toxic fumes.
Identify and use personal protective equipment and safety precautions required for safe welding.
- Identify the purpose of various types of welding PPE.
- Identify steps to avoid heat stress.
Use appropriate procedures and precautions for arc welding.
- Identify safe arc welding procedures.
- Identify hazards unique to arc welding
- Identify the precautions required by arc welding hazards.
Use appropriate procedures and precautions for oxy-fuel welding.
- Identify safe oxy-fuel welding procedures.
- Identify hazards unique to oxy-fuel welding.
- Identify the precautions required by oxy-fuel hazards.
Take appropriate precautions to protect other people while you weld.
- Recognize that welding can be hazardous to other people
- Identify hazards and appropriate precautions.