Aerial Work Platforms: Safe Operation of Scissor and Boom Lifts
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 19 to 27 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
This training course is on the safe operation of aerial work platforms, specifically scissor and boom lifts. Before operating this type of equipment personnel must be trained and authorized. The improper use of aerial lift work platforms may cause equipment to tip, resulting in serious injury or death. Along with general training, learning the operations and procedures specific to your particular model is required.
To ensure safety workers must know the proper way to operate a lift and the precautions to take while working on the lift. This course explains training and authorization, stability factors, tip-over prevention, pre-operational inspection, testing control functions, safe operating practices, Personal Protective Equipment and fall prevention.
Use this training course to understand and utilize safe work practices when operating scissor and boom lifts.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate of completion
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Any worker using a scissor and/or boom lift elevated work platform
- Training and Authorization
- Stability Factors
- Safety Tips to Prevent a Tip-Over
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Testing Control Functions
- Safe Operating Practices
- PPE and Fall Prevention