- Course Format
- Product ID
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Training Time ?
- 25 to 50 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Excal Visual LLP
Online Pandemic Preparedness Training
Pandemic Preparedness training is a topic for everyone. News stories and media interviews regarding new viruses that people are not immune to can be found on almost any given day.
Pandemic preparedness efforts are going on at global, national, state and local levels. The World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local health departments, and many private organizations are all developing plans and strategies for a pandemic.
To maintain stability in the event of a global pandemic, everyone must understand not only the health issues, but the possible interference with crucial services and organization's workflow. We must be prepared to implement strategies and practices that minimize the impacts on workplace production and human welfare.
This training is designed to help businesses, industries, and government facilities prepare for the possible impacts of an influenza pandemic. The course focuses on the five topics identified in the Homeland Security Council's National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza: Implementation Plan, which are to be prepared, be aware, not pass it on, keep your distance, and help your community.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- CEUs awarded
Understanding a Pandemic
- What is a Pandemic?
- Pandemic impact
Pandemic Influenza Plan
- Plan response areas
- Be Prepared
- Be Aware
Minimizing the Impact
- Do not pass it on
- Keep your distance
- Help the community
Differentiate between a pandemic and an epidemic.
- Differentiate between a pandemic and an epidemic.
- List possible impacts of a pandemic outbreak.
Create a pandemic response plan.
- Select the areas of response defined in the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza: Implementation Plan.
- Agree that if a Pandemic occurs you should be informed and up to date.
- Identify the need to know who to contact in case of a pandemic in the work environment.
Get a flu vaccine.
- Agree that the regular flu vaccine will not protect you from pandemic influenza.
Help to minimize the impact of a Pandemic.
- Agree that people carrying a virus can be contagious before any symptoms appear.
- List ways to effectively prevent the spread of a virus at work.
- Detail the most effective way to wash hands.
- Choose ways to keep your distance during a pandemic.
- State the steps to take when feeling ill at work.
- Recall the average length of time a vaccine can be available after a pandemic virus appears.
- Identify the organization to call if a pandemic affects your community.