OSHA General Industry: Hazard Communications
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 13 to 18 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration-OSHA
Hazardous chemicals can cause health problems ranging from rashes and burns to cancer and lung damage. Chemicals can also pose safety risks if they have the potential to cause fires or explosions. This online safety training course explains what OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HazCom) requires for workplaces with chemicals.
This course explains HazCom’s written program. One requirement is each container brought into the workplace must be labeled with the identity of the chemical, hazard warnings, and contact information of the responsible party. Viewers learn hazard warnings can be a message, picture, or symbol, and must be prominently displayed. This course also explains Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) and mandatory training for employees who are exposed to hazardous chemicals.
Employees have a right to know about hazardous chemicals in the workplace. Watch this online safety training course to learn where to find that information.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard
- Employer Responsibilities
- Minimizing Workplace Hazards
- Written Program and Labeling Requirements
- Safety Data Sheets