Maritime: Security: Search, Screening & Sweeping: Facilities
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 60 to 85 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Moxie Media, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- _Moxie Media Inc
The training teaches the importance of screening individuals for maritime activities per new regulations in the industry, to protect against terrorism, or other unsafe breeches in security. This training goes through the importance of screening individuals before they enter a vessel, all the way through the importance of searching and sweeping areas involved in maritime activities.
Under the Maritime Security Acts, certain protocols are taken when screening supplies that go on the vessels. This training goes over these regulations, as well as others that include the materials, as well the individuals who deliver to facilities, and those who will be on the barges. The purpose of the training is to understand the steps taken in the security of maritime activities, as well as why these measures are taken.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Hiring personnel for maritime employment
- Security requirements and regulations
- Security screening
- Positive identification
- Screening individuals
- Inspecting an automobile
- Inspecting tractor-trailor
- Screening stores and supplies
- Security sweeps and searches
- Screening or sweeping interior spaces
- Searching restricted areas
- Incident response
- Sweeps and Searches Overview
- Security Sweeps of Interior Spaces
- Searching Restricted Areas
- Incident Response
Understand what is involved in screening, sweeping and searching.
- Define screening.
- Define sweeping.
- Define searching.
Screen an individual.
- Explain where to conduct screening.
- List the equipment used to screen individuals.
- List what to look for when presented with an ID.
Know what to look for when screening a vehicle.
- Recognize whether the driver seems agitated or nervous.
- Recognize the inconsistencies of the logbook.
- Recognize unusual wires or timing devices.
- Locate where a bomb could be hidden.
Screen stores and supplies before entering a facility.
- List the necessary information that needs to given before a delivery can occur.
- Understand what to do with items not on the list.
- Know when screening is complete.
Conduct a sweep of a facility.
- Choose what to identify during a sweep.
- Explain what is considered a restricted area.
- List things to avoid doing during a sweep.
Conduct a sweep of an interior space.
- Explain how a room is divided to make sweeps easier.
- Select things to avoid doing during a sweep.
Properly search a restricted area.
- Recognize the signs to look for when conducted a search of a restricted area.
Follow procedures if anything suspicious is identified during a search.
- Explain what to do is anything suspicious is identified during a search.