- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 42 to 84 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Multi-Media Access, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Samax Productions
Online Asbestos Awareness Training
In this asbestos awareness training course, your workers will learn about the hazards of working around materials that contain asbestos. This course will teach your workers how to limit their exposure to asbestos and steps to take to protect their safety. It provides the majority of the training to meet the OSHA regulation for Class IV workers.
OSHA REGULATION: 29 CFR 1910.1001.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
For employees who may come into contact with materials containing asbestos in their workplace.
- Introduction To Asbestos Awareness
- What is Asbestos?
- Limiting Exposure To Asbestos
- Monitoring The Condition of Asbestos
- Preventing Asbestos Disturbances
- Asbestos Handling For Authorized Personnel
- Decontaminating After Handling Asbestos
- Ongoing Asbestos Management
Describe asbestos, its uses and its health risks.
- Identify the qualities of asbestos.
- Identify some of the common uses of asbestos.
- Identify some of the health risks of asbestos.
Identify ways to limit workplace exposure.
- Identify the most common uses and locations of asbestos in the workplace.
- Identify where you can find additional information about the location of asbestos in your workplace.
- Identify three ways to help limit exposure to asbestos in the workplace.
Identify specific asbestos threats and ways to contain those threats.
- Distinguish between friable and non-friable materials.
- Recognize situations and conditions that could result in exposure.
- Identify responses to the threat of exposure.
Identify specific procedures to safely clean up asbestos disturbances.
- Define disturbance as it applies to asbestos.
- Identify ways of preventing asbestos disturbances.
- Identify methods of cleaning up materials that may contain asbestos.
Identify the ways to safely handle and dispose of asbestos.
- Identify the PPE that should be worn when handling asbestos.
- Identify methods to contain an area where asbestos is present.
- Identify how to properly dispose of asbestos.
Describe how to decontaminate after handling asbestos.
- Identify the correct procedures to decontaminate after exposure to asbestos.
- Identify precautions to take during decontamination.
Identify elements of an ongoing asbestos management plan.
- Identify how air monitoring is used to measure asbestos levels.
- Identify the features of an asbestos medical surveillance program.