Microsoft Word 2016 Level 3.4: Adding Document References and Links
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 37 to 49 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
Word allows you to insert tables, charts, images, figures, footnotes, and other supporting components into your document. Of course, by doing so, your document can become quite complex and difficult to navigate. Luckily, Word 2016 provides several useful tools and features to help you manage this complexity. This training lesson demonstrates how to use captions, cross-references, bookmarks, hyperlinks, and more to manage lengthy documents.
So, how do some of these features help? Cross-references direct a reader to another element in a different location in the document. When you need to reference a source of information, you would add a citation; a list of those citations would comprise your bibliography. A caption is used to describe a visual object such as a picture, table or equation. Footnotes and endnotes are added when you need to incorporate further information about a topic but do not want it in the body of your document. Bookmarks and hyperlinks are also useful items you can add to your document to assist your reader. Inserting these features is easy and simple; this training video guides you through every step of the way.
When creating a Word document, effective communication of your message is key. If your reader finds your document difficult to navigate, however, your message can be lost. This course helps you better manage and organize your complex Word documents, ultimately benefitting both you and your reader. Utilize the materials provided here and learn how to incorporate these key features of Microsoft Word 2016.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Microsoft Word 2016 users
- Add Captions
- Add Cross-References
- Add Bookmarks
- Add Hyperlinks
- Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Add Citations
- Add a Bibliography
- List the components typically included in a caption.
- Recall what should be avoided when naming captions.
- Identify types of elements meant for cross-referencing.
- Select where the cross-reference button is located.
- Recall how best to use cross-reference links in a printed document.
- Identify where the cross-reference button is located.
- Recall the rule for using spaces in bookmark names.
- Recall how to have bookmarks appear in the document.
- Select links available through the Hyperlink button.
Insert footnotes and endnotes.
- Identify where endnotes are inserted on the page.
- Recall the first step in using citations.
Add a bibliography.
- Identify how to modify a citation after it's created.