Microsoft Word 2016 Level 2.6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 35 to 49 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
Microsoft Word 2016 has functions to make formatting long documents easier than ever. This online training course demonstrates how to insert a table of contents, a table of figures, manage outlines, and more.
A table of contents can be created quickly in Microsoft Word 2016 through either the automatic or manual tables, or by selecting custom table of contents. Viewers are shown how to insert page numbers, select a template, and modify the table. This course also teaches how to list captions associated with graphics and illustrations by inserting a table of figures. Viewers learn how to organize the contents of a document by creating and managing an outline. This course also teaches how to insert cover pages and indexes, work with a table of authorities, and create a master document.
Watch this online training video and learn how to create professional documents using Microsoft Word 2016.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Everyone who uses Microsoft Word 2016
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert a Table of Figures
- Work with Table of Authorities
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Insert blank and cover pages.
- Identify the items typically included on a document cover page.
- Recall how to break up documents into sections.
Insert an Index.
- Identify an Index entry.
- Define a concordance file.
- Recall what should appear in the left column of a concordance file.
- Select which tab will enable indexing.
Insert a Table of Contents.
- Recall an important step to take prior to inserting a Table of Contents.
- List options available when creating a customized Table of Contents.
- Recall the function that will enable navigation between sections.
Insert a Table of Figures.
- Recall how a Table of Figures is created in Word.
Work with Table of Authorities.
- Recall which elements of a document must be marked before generating a Table of Authorities.
- Identify the first step to take when creating a document outline.
- Recall what a minus symbol next to a heading means.
- Select the symbol under the Outlining tab to move an item up the list.
Create a master document.
- Locate the master document in Word.