What to Say When: Employee Collection
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 63 to 95 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Telephone Doctor
Have you ever gotten a negative response from a co-worker on a workplace issue because of something you said? Sometimes the way we say things or approach people affects the outcomes in a negative way, even if we have the best intentions. This course illustrates strategies to clearly and effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
This course features 16 lessons from the What To Say When series on workplace communication. These particular vignettes focus on issues all employees may encounter at the workplace. This course can be used to prepare employees with communication strategies before an issue arises, or to help remediate a situation currently going on. Each short vignette presents a common communication dilemma, and Human Resource expert, Hugh Murray, shares the communication strategies and tactics for dealing with the issue.
The employee collection covers issues related to taking on new responsibilities, seeking help from co-workers, making ethical decisions, setting goals with one’s boss, and resolving conflicts with co-workers. Each lesson in this course features a narrative example, demonstrating the right and wrong way to handle a problem. The learning assessment at the conclusion of the course helps drive home the major takeaways. The course also includes a leader guide and a downloadable “key points“ document to help you remember the communication strategy for each topic. Use this course with your team to ensure smooth communication when issues arise.
Note: The lessons in this course are available as individual courses if you are only interested in one specific topic.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone looking to improve their communication skills
- You're New on the Job
- You Need Help with Work
- The Boss Keeps Changing Priorities
- Your Boss Doesn't Notice Your Contributions
- You See an Opportunity to Do Things Better
- You Need to Persuade a Colleague
- You're Asked to Compromise Your Ethics
- You Need to Break a Commitment
- Someone Breaks a Commitment
- Someone Criticizes You
- It's Someone Else's Fault
- Someone Disagrees with You
- A Co-Worker is Negative
- You Have a Personality Clash with a Co-Worker
- A Co-Worker is Too Social
- A Co-Worker Has an Embarrassing Problem