Driving: Distracted Driving: At What Cost?
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 24 to 48 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Aurora Pictures
- Original Content Producer
- _Aurora Pictures
Online Distracted Driver Training
This distracted driver training course builds an awareness of the dangers of driving while distracted. It shows studies that indicate over half of crashes involve a distraction. In this course you will learn which distractions are the most common, how to avoid them, and also how to manage distractions that can't be avoided. The course also shares a tragic story that involves a distracted driver.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Introduction to Distracted Driving
- A humorous look at common distractions
- A dangerous attitude
The Effects of Being Distracted
- Distance traveled in two seconds at 30 mph
- Distance traveled in two seconds at 65 mph
- Hazards of being distracted
What is a Distraction?
- Common distractions
- Cell phone use
- Multiple distractions
Distracted Driving Collision
- Investigation of the collision
- Actions that could have prevented the collision
- Avoiding distracting actions
- Ignoring uncontrollable distractions
- Managing distractions that can't be avoided
- Distractions in an unfamiliar vehicle
- Distractions in an unfamiliar area
- A tragic true story
- Tips for increasing awareness and self control
Recognize how driving distractions affect our safety and the safety of others.
- Restate distance vehicle travels in 2 seconds.
- Describe how distractions affect vehicle control.
- Recognize that distractions reduce reaction time.
Avoid activities that distract our attention from driving.
- Recognize common activities that can distract us from our driving.
- Agree that using a cell phone can distract us while driving.
- Identify distractions that contribute to traffic mishaps.
Explain how distractions while driving can cause vehicle collisons
- Identify the distractions that contributed to the collision shown in the video.
- State the actions each driver could have taken to avoid being distracted.
Safely avoid or manage driving distractions.
- Recognize that our actions cause most distractions.
- Agree to ignore distractions we can not control.
- Describe methods to manage distractions that can not be ignored or avoided.
- Identify methods for avoiding distractions while driving in unfamiliar vehicles.
- List methods for avoiding distractions while driving in an unfamiliar area.