Behind the Curve
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 14 to 20 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
Did you know the Tesoro Refinery explosion of 2010 was the largest loss of life at the U.S. Refinery? Due to the High Temperature Hydrogen Attack (HTHA), a nearly 40-year-old heat exchanger ruptured, exploding and fatally injuring 7 workers.
This course, with video produced by the Chemical safety board, tells the story of the Tesoro Refinery explosion and helps viewers to gain an understanding on the causes of a High Temperature Hydrogen Attack. The course also assists viewers in understanding how incidents such as these occur and the importance of knowing industry codes, standards and regulatory changes to reduce accident risks and hazards such as these.
Help your employees gain a greater understanding and appreciation of High Temperature Hydrogen Attacks with this training video.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 30 days to complete the course
- Incident Overview
- Operations Background
- Sequence of Events
- Technical Analysis
- Industry Codes and Standards
- Safety Culture of a Company
- Regulatory Oversights
Advocate (support) the need for a strong safety culture based on the tragic explosion at the Tesoro Refinery.
- Acknowledge that deficiencies in industry standards and work practices contributed to the tragedy at Tesoro.
- Agree that Tesoro's safety culture was lacking.
- Recognize what a strong safety culture would have accomplished.
- Agree to report any unsafe workplace conditions or practices.