Hazard Communication and The Global Harmonizing System
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 23 to 32 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Hazard Communication and GHS Training Video
Hazardous chemicals are found in approximately 7 million workplaces. In 1983 the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) introduced the Hazard Communication Standard requiring a Hazard Communication Program to communicate workplace hazards to employees. OSHA is updating the standard to utilize the Globally Harmonized System (GHS). This online training program provides a clear explanation of the standard updates and the GHS.
Learners review the components of the Hazard Communication Program beginning with the written plan which includes guidelines for training employees, reading labels, and the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to note a few. The GHS training program explains why the program was created and the benefits of having the plan in place. Three of the major components of the Global Harmonizing System are explained. These three major components are hazard classification, container labels, and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
Use this training to ensure your employees understand the Global Harmonizing System and how it affects your hazard communication program. It is critical for employees to know how to understand the hazards they are exposed to in order to prevent accidents and injuries.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
All those who work near hazardous materials
- Written Plan and The GHS
- Hazard Classification
- Required Elements of GHS Container Labels
- Signal Words
- Hazard and Precautionary Statements
- Safety Data Sheets and PPE
- Safety Data Sheets Sections 1-4
- Safety Data Sheets Sections 5-8
- Safety Data Sheets Sections 9-12
- Safety Data Sheets Sections 13-16