Safe Electrical Work Practices and the 2018 CSA Z462
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 27 to 37 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- _Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Developed by CSA (Canadian Standards Association) the CSA Z462 is accepted as the best practices document for electrical safety. In its 4th edition, the 2018 CSA Z462 reinforces its instructions for safely operating, maintaining, and installing electrical equipment while also providing safeguards to those who work around energized electrical equipment.
This course teaches the revisions and additions to the 2018 CSA Z462; among them: the principles, policies, procedures, and processes of the required electrical safety program; the mandatory hierarchy of control; and the inclusion of the investigation of near-miss incidents.
Offer this course in order to ensure your facility understands, develops, implements, and executes the necessary standards for controlling risk and protecting your electrical workers from shock hazard and arc flash hazard.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Electrical workers and their employers who are responsible for their safety and protection
- Background on the Electrical Safety Program
- Elements of the Electrical Safety Program
- Risk Assessment & Control
- The Qualified Person
- Establishing & Verifying Safe Work Conditions
- Approach Boundaries
- Arc-Flash Boundaries
- Arc-Flash PPE Categories
- Field Labels & Normal Operating Conditions
- Energized Work Permits