Safety Leadership: An Essential Safety Element
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 13 to 23 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- _Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Human nature tempts us to make a job easier or faster by making unsafe choices. Following safe work practices is not always intuitive, so it is critical for leaders to emerge to help maintain the strength of a safety culture to protect everyone from accidents and injuries. One person’s actions influence those of everyone around them.
This course takes a comprehensive approach to discussing the safety leadership and various principles safety leaders embody. It covers a wide array of topics, such as the importance of consistent leadership, discipline and rule enforcement. It also talks about the qualities and traits of an effective safety leader, avoiding negative consequences, setting appropriate safety examples, and more.
Use this course to facilitate a culture of safety, especially among the staff’s leaders, to help prevent workplace accidents and injuries.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
This course is aimed at those who are responsible for or directly involved in the safe, appropriate, and functional operation of their workplace. It could be the frontline supervisor, production or plant manager or even the newest employee, who has stepped up and taken initiative to help grow and move the business forward.
- The Challenges of Our Human Nature
- The Consistent Presence of Good Safety Leadership
- Willingness to Speak Up
- Safety Leaders Don't Have to Be Vocal
- Discipline and Consistent Rules Enforcement
- Avoiding Negative Consequences
- Poor Safety Leadership Erodes the Safety Culture
- Setting Good Safety Examples
- Traits of a Good Safety Leader