OSHA Construction: Electrical Safety
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 30 to 35 minutes
- Video Format
- Required Plugins
- Flash Player
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration-OSHA
This training addresses necessary electrical safety requirements for the safety of construction employees.
Whenever you work with power tools or electrical circuits, there's a risk of electrical hazards - especially electrical shock. Risks increase at construction sites because many jobs involve electric power tools. Electrical trades workers must pay special attention to electrical hazards because they work on electrical circuits.
The training is divided into major sections. The Overview explains why electricity is dangerous and how it works. Hazard and controls identifies the main electrical hazards and describes the best ways to prevent them from occurring. Finally, this safety presentation reviews general planning and controls when working with electricity.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
All construction workers.
- Why Electricity is Dangerous
- How Electricity Works
- Hazard and Controls
- General Planning and Controls
- Describe four types of injuries that may result from contact with electricity.
- Name at least three warning signs or clues an electrical hazard exists.
- List at least five electrical hazards that may be present at a construction site.
- Discuss at least three methods of protection from electrical hazards.