HIPAA Privacy Compliance: It's The Law
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 19 to 43 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
Protecting patient personal health information is a legal requirement of HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and one of the most important duties of any healthcare professional. This video training course educates viewers about HIPAA privacy compliance.
This training explores the importance of the HIPAA requirements. Examples are shown of proper and improper ways to share personal health information. The course covers topics does as incidental exposure, the Minimum Necessary Rule, emergency situations, signed patient authorization, and the Privacy Notice.
Use this HIPAA training to ensure everyone at your healthcare facility understands the legal requirements of HIPAA.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone working with or around patient information
- What Is PHI?
- Covered Entities
- How is PHI Protected?
- Incidental Exposure
- The Minimum Necessary Rule
- Emergency Situations And Telephone Calls
- Signed Patient Authorization
- The Privacy Notice
- Patient Control And Other Patient Rights
- The Personal Representative
- Privacy Official, Reasonable Safeguards, And Penalties