HIPAA Rules and Compliance
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 20 to 30 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Marcom, Ltd
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, was passed in 1996 to protect the rights of patients and their personal medical information. It covers the safe transmission, storage, and appropriate dissemination and access of such information.
This course discusses the privacy, security, and enforcement rules, along with the covered entities and subcontractors, patients’ rights, disclosure, and appropriate courses of action and what happens when a breach occurs.
Use this course to ensure a firm understanding of HIPAA and its provisions to remain compliant in your business.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
All employees who must understand HIPAA rules
- HIPAA and Protected Health Information
- Covered Entities, Business Associates and Subcontractors
- PHI and Patients' Rights
- Guidelines for Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Using PHI for Marketing and Fundraising
- Requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule
- Breach Notification and Penalties