Compressed Air Safety: To The Point
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 12 to 21 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- To The Point Communications, Inc.
Compressed air is an invaluable energy source that can power our tools and equipment. However, injuries can come from a variety of sources, including bad fittings, the spreading of combustible dust, and harmful skin penetration. This course shows employees the safe work practices for dealing with compressed air.
All steps involved in using compressed air require care and attention. This course starts demonstrating safe handling of compressed air with a pre-use inspection. Next the course explores the use of Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE. Learners also are taught how to connect, handle, disconnect, and store compressed air equipment. Finally, the course concludes with the use of pressure-reducing nozzles and dead man’s switches.
Compressed air must be used only for intended purpose. If you are careless or negligent, or if someone is careless or negligent around you, you risk serious injury or even death. Utilize the materials presented here and work more safely with compressed air.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone who uses compressed air
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Connecting The Tool To The Air Hose
- Safe Work Practices
- Disconnecting & Storing The Equipment
- Other Safety Basics
- Hazards Of Cleaning With Compressed Air
- Pressure-Reducing Nozzles & Dead Man's Switches
- Why Cleaning The Body With Compressed Air Is So Dangerous
- Using Compressed Air Only For Its Intended Purpose