Cal/OSHA Fire Extinguishers
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 11 to 21 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- AP Safety Training
California OSHA Fire Extinguishers
California OSHA requires all employers provide a plan in case a fire breaks out in the workplace. This online safety training course teaches the fire safety options that California employers have, and what is required for each option.
Viewers learn there are different classes of fire, and all of them need three elements to burn: fuel, oxygen, and a heat source. If any of the three elements are removed, the fire will be extinguished. Fire extinguishers work by removing one of the elements. Since there are different classes of fire, the proper fire extinguisher must be used. Using the wrong kind of extinguisher can cause injury or the fire to spread.
This course teaches the classes of fires and fire extinguishers. Viewers are also taught the four steps of using a fire extinguisher, and the proper practices for fire extinguisher inspection and maintenance.
Watch this online safety training course to learn how to be prepared in case a workplace fire occurs.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
This online course is for California employees
- Employer Fire Response Options Under Cal/OSHA
- Employee Training
- How A Fire Burns
- Classes Of Fires And Types Of Extinguishers
- The Class ABC Extinguisher
- Deciding Whether To Use An Extinguisher
- Proper Use Of A Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Extinguisher Inspection And Maintenance