Bloodborne Pathogens: Non-Healthcare Workers
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 21 to 31 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- IE Desktop
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Digital-2000, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- _Digital-2000, Inc.
This training teaches employees to be more aware of how HIV and Hepatitis B Viruses can be transmitted through blood or body fluids contaminated with blood products. Helping an accident victim or providing CPR in an emergency could result in the transmission of BBP. This program can help everyone reduce the risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Training for all workers.
- Hazard Awareness
- Personal Protection
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
Illustrate what defines a BBP.
- Myths and facts surrounding HIV and other BBP.
Outline the risks and hazards of exposure to blood.
- Usage of PPE to protect from BBP.
Understand the myths and realities of transmission.
- How HIV and HBV are actually transmitted.
Explain the role of PPE in protection.
- Proper use of latex gloves.
Illustrate the difference between cleaning and sanitizing.
- Comprehand that cleaning and sanitizing are not the same thing.
Understand that knowledge of BBP is the best protection.
- Good housekeeping habits, personal hygiene, knowing the hazards help protect against contracting a BBP.