Hazard Communication: The GHS and You
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 15 to 25 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- _Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
This course explores the hazard communication guidelines and regulations set forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In particular, it talks about the Hazard Communication Program (Hazcom) based off OSHA regulation 1910.1200. It uses the Globally Harmonized System, or GHS, which applies to chemical manufacturers and importers.
The program explains container labels and signal words, hazard and precautionary statements, physical hazard pictograms, health and environmental pictograms, safety data sheets and the written hazard communication program.
Use this course among your workplace to foster a greater understanding of the communication regarding hazardous chemicals in order to keep your employees safe.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
This course is aimed at those who work with or in the presence of hazardous chemicals and materials and are concerned about interpreting the communication of safety information to themselves and others in their work environment.
- Hazard Communication and the GHS
- Container Labels and Signal Words
- Hazard and Precautionary Statements
- Physical Hazard Pictograms
- Health and Environmental Pictograms
- Safety Data Sheets
- The Written Hazard Communication Program