Safety Awareness for New Employees
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 34 to 40 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Marcom, Ltd
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), in 2014, nearly 4,700 fatal work injuries and illnesses were recorded, which represents a 2 percent increase from the previous year. The BLS also reported 107 cases of non-fatal injuries per 10,000 full-time employees.
And that’s across all industries.
While the figures are sobering, new hires can be trained to use safe work practices to prevent these kinds of injuries and accidents. This course demonstrates basic safety procedures for common on-the-job hazards. Use this course to reduce the risk of typical on-the-job dangers like slips, trips, and falls, fires, and infection from bloodborne pathogens.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
New hires in a manufacturing work setting
- Slips, Trips and Falls... and Good Housekeeping
- Industrial Ergonomics
- Using Hand/Power Tools and Powered Machinery Safely
- Forklift Safety
- Electrical Safety and Lock-Out/Tag-Out
- Hazard Communication and Personal Protective Equipment
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Procedures
- Health Emergencies, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens