Tuberculosis in the Healthcare Environment
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 24 to 34 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Marcom, Ltd
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious and contagious disease in its active state. Each year, at least a million people worldwide are impacted by the disease, despite antibiotics developed in the 1960s. Healthcare workers need to be trained to reduce their risk of catching TB.
This course explains the way TB can spread and ways to fight it, the posed risks in health care environments, and effective ways reducing, mitigating, and working with and treating the disease.
Use this course among your health care employees who could encounter this highly infectious disease.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
This course is primarily for those who work in a health care setting directly with patients, such as a hospital or long-term care facility, and who run the risk of encountering highly infectious diseases, particularly tuberculosis.
- The Resurgence of Tuberculosis
- How TB Spreads and Guidelines for Fighting It
- TB Risks in Healthcare Environments
- Reducing Risk: Medical Surveillance
- Reducing Risk: Engineering Controls
- Reducing Risk: Wearing A Respirator
- Working with and Treating Active TB