- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 48 to 96 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Samax Productions
This training describes the actions needed for everyone to remain safe during the winter season.
Over the years, employers have discovered that their employees miss more time from work as a result of off-the-job accidents than due to injuries experienced on the job! Many of these accidents occur during the winter holidays, as employees do things they are not familiar with or have not done in quite some time. Fortunately, most of these accidents can be prevented.
"Winter Safety" show learners how to plan ahead, look for potential hazards, and avoid dangerous situations that occur during the winter holiday season.
Forty-three interactions actively involve the learner in the training. Lesson interactions provide the learner opportunities to apply what he or she has learned. The computer assesses the learner’s level of understanding of all learning objectives. When the learner answers a question incorrectly the computer provides remedial instruction and reviews the material until the learner can answer correctly. All questions in this training are fully narrated. Narrations enhance comprehension and are welcome support for learners with reading skill deficits and when English is the learner’s second language.
Mastery’s exclusive Follow-up Review, standard in all Mastery Advantage courses, provides time-delayed reinforcement and review of the learner’s newly acquired knowledge. The Follow-up Review enhances the transfer of newly acquired knowledge to the learner’s long-term memory.
The Learner navigates through the course and its resources using the standard Mastery Control Bar. Training resources include a fully narrated glossary of terms. Each term is pronounced and its definition read aloud to the learner. A topical index provides a complete map to the training material. The learner can ask for all course information on any topic at any time during the lesson presentations. A complete transcript of all audio and video files is also provided with this course. Use the transcript file in conjunction with MODIFY to simplify customizations.
Closed Captioning is included.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone living and/or working in a cold winter climate.
General Winter Safety
- Proper clothing
- Slip-resistant shoes
- Vehicle preparation
- Emergency kit
- Driving in poor conditions
- Choosing a healthy tree
- Maintaining a healthy tree
- Electrical cords
- Lighting safety
- Fireplace safety
- Space heaters
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire preparation
Drinking and Driving
- The designated driver
- Tips for hosting a party
- The party guest
- Seeing a drunk driver
- Drunk driving fatalities
Follow general winter safety practices.
- Describe how to dress for cold weather.
- Identify footwear that can help prevent falls on slippery winter surfaces.
- Explain how to handle snow and ice removal safely.
- List considerations for playing in the snow safely.
Utilize winter driving techniques to maintain safety.
- List things you should do to prepare your car for winter.
- Explain possible results of not clearing snow off the hood of the car before driving.
- Select appropriate items for a vehicle emergency kit.
- Agree to slow down when driving on slippery surfaces.
- Identify techniques used to stop a skid.
- List safe driving techniques in bad weather.
Select and maintain a healthy Christmas tree.
- Choose items that indicate a healthy tree.
- Identify the need to water the tree daily.
Use holiday decorations safely.
- Describe how to use Christmas lights safely.
- Agree to always unplug all holiday lights when not at home.
Eliminate fire hazards.
- Identify ways to maintain a safe fireplace.
- Agree to keep space heaters away from walls and curtains.
- Identify especially hazardous candle use.
Prepare for the possibility of a fire.
- Select ways to prepare for the possibility of a fire.
- Recognize that adults and children must learn escape routes.
Ensure you and others drink responsibly.
- Describe how to drink responsibly.
- Identify correct statements regarding alcohol use.
- Explain how to encourage guests to drink responsibly.
- Describe what to do if you suspect another driver is intoxicated.
- Recall the number of alcohol-related fatalities in the U.S. each year.