Hearing: Are You Listening, Jim?
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 14 to 30 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- Comprehensive Loss Management Inc (CLMI)
Exposure to loud noise can, over time, cause hearing loss. If the ear's nerve cells are damaged by loud noises they don't grow back. This online training video explains what you can do to protect your hearing and prevent permanent hearing loss.
This course shows the different kinds of ear plugs and muffs and how to properly use them. For example, to use foam ear plugs roll them into a smooth cylinder, then pull your ear up and out to open the ear canal. Insert a plug into your ear and hold it there for about 10 seconds to allow it to expand. Since ear plugs can become loose they should be removed and reinserted throughout the day. Before putting on ear muffs, be sure there's no hair hanging over your ears, then center the muffs on your ears. Always check muffs for signs of wear, since worn out muffs won't give optimum protection.
Watch this video to learn how to protect your hearing from loud noises.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Everyone who is exposed to loud noises on the job
- Introduction to Hearing Damage
- How Hearing Damage Occurs
- Protect Your Hearing
- Consequences of Hearing Loss