Wellness: Heart Disease and Cancer
- Course Format
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 96 to 192 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition
- Required Plugins
- MasteryNet Player
- Lesson Interactions
- Quiz Questions
- Interactive Producer
- Moxie Media, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- _Moxie Media Inc
This training explains the life threatening risks of heart attacks and cancer. Topics then describe the benefits of cardiovascular health, exercise, nutrition, and other preventive measures to reduce your risk of heart attack and cancer.
This course is in the Advantage™ format, to read about Advantage™ features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Rich multimedia presentation with interactions and quiz
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Introduction to Reducing the Risks
- Cancer and cardiovascular disease trends in US
- Preventing cancer and cardiovascular disease
- Deaths caused by cardiovascular disease
- Physiological effects of carrying an object
- Job Specific Functional Test & Fit for Duty
- Your top priority
- Central obesity
Causes and Symptoms of Heart Disease
- High cholesterol
- Fatty deposits in arteries
- Reducing fatty deposits and hardening of arteries
- Reducing fatigue
Exercise and Cardiovascular Health
- Cures for stress
- Best way to produce the beneficial cholesterol, HDL
- Free time
Heart-Healthy Exercise Methods
- Simply exercises throughout the day
- 3-Minute Barrier
Introduction to Cancer Prevention
- Free radicals
- Characteristics of cancer
Knowing and Reducing Cancer Risks
- Causes of cancer
- Preventing cancer
- Pre-cancer health checks
Prevention Through Nutrition and Diet
- Modern American diet
- Proper nutritional eating habits
- Original human diet
- Cancer-fighting nutrients
- Vitamins and minerals
Cancer and Heart Disease Reduction
- Fitness among employees
- Moderate hypertension
- High blood pressure
Recognize the risks of getting cancer or cardiovascular disease.
- Recall the percentage of Americans that will die from cancer.
- Restate what can cause cancer or heart disease.
Recognize ways to help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Explain how employer can help prevent health risks.
- Identify what your number one priority should be.
- Recognize how stress can effect your health.
Recognize the causes and symptoms of heart disease.
- Recognize what is considered high chloresterol.
- Explain how fatty deposits and hardening of arteries can be reduced.
- Describe how you can relieve fatigue.
Combine exercise and cardiovascular health.
- Describe the benefits of exercise.
Perform heart-healthy exercises.
- Recall how to increase exercise levels beneficially during the day.
- Define the F.A.S.T. system.
- Describe the 3-minute barrier.
Understand cancer and its causes.
- Define cancer.
- Define free radicals.
- Define antioxidants.
Reduce cancer risks.
- Recall what causes cancer.
- List ways to prevent cancer.
Reduce the risk of cancer through nutrition and diet.
- Describe the modern American diet.
- Describe proper nutritional eating habits.
- List cancer fighting nutrients.
- Recall the best way to get beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Describe how employers can encourage fitness among employees.
- Define moderate hypertension.
- Describe high blood pressure.