Breathe Safely: The Proper Use of Respiratory Protection
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 18 to 28 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Workplaces are required to install systems promoting respiratory health, such as adequate ventilation, fans, and air ducts. However, there are many situations when workers require additional protection from high levels of dusts, gases, and fumes caused by toxic chemicals. This online safety training program explains the dangers of exposure to respiratory hazards and the proper use of respiratory protection.
This course explores the different types of respiratory protection, and when to use them. One type of respirator is a particulate filter respirator. Viewers learn about the different classes of filters, which are rated 95, 99, or 100, according to its efficiency in capturing airborne particles. Other types of protection, such as chemical cartridge respirators, are also covered.
Workers are required to undergo a medical evaluation and fit test before using respiratory protection. This course shows how to perform a user seal check, which ensures the respirator has been put on correctly and a seal has been formed. Viewers also learn how to clean, disinfect, and store respirators.
Watch this online safety training program to learn how to properly use respiratory protection.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone who is exposed to respiratory hazards in the workplace
- The Written Respiratory Protection Program
- Medical Evaluations and Fit Testing
- Workplace Respiratory Hazards and APF's
- Different Classes of Filters
- Types of Respirators
- Chemical Cartridge Respirators and PAPR
- Protection in an IDLH Atmosphere
- Proper Respirator Use
- Cleaning, Disinfecting and Storing Respirators