Protecting Yourself Against COVID-19 And Other Contagious Illnesses
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 17 to 27 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- _Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
Every year, people all over the world become infected with virus borne contagious illnesses, like the common cold or influenza. New types of coronaviruses and influenza viruses periodically begin spreading around the world, and sometimes due to the nature of the virus they become a pandemic or global outbreak. Coronavirus Disease 2019 or COVID-19 is the most recent example. While there are a lot of unknowns when a new strain of a virus occurs, there are many practical actions we all can take to protect our own health and wellness and the health and wellness of those around us. This course aims to teach you the simple measures you can put in place immediately to help prevent contagious illnesses, including COVID-19, from spreading in our homes, workplaces and communities.
This course starts by exploring the common types of contagious illnesses. It specifically addresses how a person can be infected with the COVID-19 virus. The course demonstrates how to prevent becoming infected with any type of contagious virus, as well as how to reduce the risk of spreading any type of virus to others. The steps caregivers should take to avoid infection when caring for the sick are explained. Finally, the course details the typical responses to pandemics and how you can develop a pandemic plan for your family.
While these outbreaks may seem overwhelming and scary, it is important for everyone to do their part in preventing the spread of any contagious illnesses. Use this course to learn what to do to protect yourself and those around you from COVID-19 or other contagious illnesses.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- Common Types Of Contagious Illnesses
- How A Person Can Be Infected With The COVID-19 Virus
- Asymptomatic Carriers And Social Distancing
- Precautions For Preventing Infection
- Symptoms Of COVID-19
- Precautions For Preventing The Spread Of Viruses To Others
- Reducing The Risk Of Infection While Caring For A Sick Person
- Pandemic Response Measures
- Developing A Pandemic Preparedness Plan